Thursday, August 24, 2006

Wearing two hats

The other night, I attended my first author reading. While the crowd who wanted to hear Philip Beard was small, he seemed unfazed and told us a lot about the publishing business. Perseverance and a dash of luck seem to be required if you want to make it in this crazy business.
As a writer and photographer, I wear two hats. Some days, I don my writing hat, working on a historical novel that spans the era from 1849 to 1865 (and most of my life, it seems). On other days, I put on my photographer's hat. This week, I'm very busy preparing for a photo exhibit at the Sewickley library which I'll install on September 1. I will show my best bird photographs, but also a few of my fall foliage images. Autumn is upon us and I think it is timely to include them in an autumn exhibit. It's my favorite time of the year, after all.

No comments: