Friday, October 05, 2007

Quiet Time


I went to Beechwood today, despite the heat, because I wanted to drop off a framed photo at the gift shop where I sell my photos. I arrived there after being stuck in traffic on Route 28 and vowed never to go there again on a Friday.
The trails were almost deserted and I spent a quiet time at and near the pond. Although we're currently experienced August-like heat, I spotted several signs of autumn: fallen leaves everywhere, and a white-throated sparrow. Are they back from Canada already?
After a hectic week, I truly enjoyed the quiet time and photographed an entire mallard family (mommy, daddy, and a juvenile male) while they rested on the rocks near the water. Usually they fly or swim away as soon as I get into photographing distance. This time, I was able to hide behind some wildflowers near the waterline. Other than that, I saw mostly sparrows and cardinals. I have not taken as many great bird photos as I have last year.
I am getting ready for a couple of art shows. The first one, Art under Glass, will be held at Bedners Greenhouse in Cecil on Saturday, October 13. The second show will take place on Saturday, November 3, at John McMillan Presbyterian Church in Bethel Park.

No comments: