Friday, April 25, 2008

Busy week


Despite my knee problems, I have dusted off my blind to photograph the birds that visit our feeders. Spring is a great time to do that since they all wear their best clothes. Because we have a wooded hillside behind our property (and also because we have three bird feeders) we get a wide variety of birds. Lately, an Eastern Towhee has been showing up under the feeder regularly, and it also entertains us with its beautiful songs. I already have great photos of it from last year and so I was more interested in photographing Blue Jays and Red-winged Blackbirds. The Blue Jays are still eluding me, but I finally took a great shot of a blackbird today. I am eager to increase the number of species in my collection and so this is a great addition. The juncos appear to be gone now, but the White-throated Sparrows are still around and also make good photo objects. I hung up my hummingbird feeder last week and am eagerly waiting for their arrival. That usually happens around the first days of May. Every day, there is something new to see out there and the weather is cooperating too. Happy birding, everybody!

No comments: