Friday, February 13, 2009

Outings and Outages

A side effect of the recent bout of snow and ice was that many of my meetings were canceled. I'm making up for cabin fever this week. On Monday and Tuesday, for example, I attended three meetings. Talk about information overload! It was a welcome change that I had no appointments yesterday. However, due to the storm that rammed through here (there is that evil weather again!) we had two major power outages and lots of flickers. Luckily, they didn't last long enough for me to shiver, but the second one meant that I had no computer and Internet for a while. Nonetheless, I got lots of writing done and am making great progress on a big writing project. How I miss German utilities!
On the home front, I'm getting ready for the Great Backyard Bird Count which starts today. The worse the weather, the more birds visit our backyard. Yesterday, they were particularly ravenous and I had to make a run to the feeder as soon as the power came back on. That's the disadvantage of an electric garage door.

No comments: