Thursday, June 11, 2009

Relief

Yesterday, I had an endoscopy done. I had to fast until afternoon. While my husband and I waited before the procedure it became clear that the office staff needed some sensitivity training. They began talking about what they had for dinner the night before, and then one of them began eating sweets. The patients - all with empty stomachs - looked at each other with disgust.
The procedure revealed that I don't have an ulcer, at least not any more. Apparently, the medicine I got at the ER, and since then, has relieved my symptoms. I have to stay on these capsules for a while and am now awaiting the biopsy results.
Now, I can finally eat again. Even though I had recently fasted for 24 hours I was incredibly hungry yesterday.
After fortifying myself, it's time to think about all the things I have to do before I head to Germany next week. After all these tests, I deserve a vacation.

1 comment:

Annette said...

I'm so glad your test results turned out NO ULCER. Yay! My hubby has to fast for 24 hours one day next week prior to a colonoscopy, not to mention the other part of the prep. I fear if someone talks food or eats in front of him the morning of his procedure, he may be sending them to the ER.

Anyhow, have a wonderful (and safe) trip. See you when you get back.