Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Short Picnic

In the middle of a hot and brutally humid summer we enjoyed a few days break. We took the opportunity of dry weather to head to the wetlands trail at Raccoon Creek State Park last Saturday. At the last minute I decided that it would be a great day for a picnic. I packed drinks, bread, snacks, and two small cans of lunch meat. Our walk was gorgeous and we worked up an appetite.
We found a picnic table in the shade and I unpacked our basket. The lunch meat cans did not have pullies, however, like others from the same brand. Without anything to put on them our bread slices were useless. We ate our snacks and headed home, stomachs growling. Of all the things I packed that day, a can opener wasn't one of them!
Sometimes I miss German trails. They're never far from a restaurant or imbiss stand.

No comments: