Thursday, December 29, 2011

Looking Back on 2011

As 2011 is drawing to a close I can report that it has been a successful year. We escaped our snowy winter weather for a long weekend trip to Florida's Everglades, where I took a bird photo workshop with Arthur Morris.
Spring also brought several lecture engagements at a library and several garden clubs for me. At the Pennwriters conference I garnered a First Place in the nonfiction In Other Words contest. After that, I spent much of the summer photographing plants and wildlife in our garden.
In July I traveled to Germany to celebrate my dad's 85th birthday. Unfortunately, the already lengthy trip took 24 hours longer than expected after my plane had to return to Charlotte. When I finally arrived in Frankfurt my suitcase did not--until three days later. I have never been so glad to see a suitcase in my life.
Fall was especially eventful. I participated in my Toastmasters Humorous Speech contest and advanced all the way to the district level, where I placed third.
To sum it it, my most memorable experiences this year involved personal growth by attending workshops, conferences and contests.

No comments: