Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Wrapping up the year

The year is coming to an end and it's time to take stock. It has been a busy year for me and I took many photos of new species of birds. The most exciting addition to my stock photo list was a pileated woodpecker that hacked at a tree stump in our neighbor's front yard for three days in a row. Luck is a large part of bird photography. My favorite destination was the Audubon nature reserve where I recorded the year in photographs, from the goslings of spring to the goldfinch fledglings in the fall.
I am now selling my photographs and greeting cards at three stores. Sales have not been spectacular yet, but I've decided to take the plunge next year and attend a craft show. I also won another photo award, this time from Pennsylvania Magazine. They published one of my articles this year and just accepted my fourth article.
Looking ahead, I plan on attending the Pennwriters conference next May. I also aim to improve my photography sales and to add more birds to my list of photos. The stock agencies have enough pictures of the birds I've photographed so far. It appears as if next year will be just as busy for me as the past year was.
I continue to study the craft of writing and wish that all writers, especially journalists, would delete the word "well" from their vocabulary. It has been - well - overused.

No comments: