Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

My first Toastmasters speech is over and it went very well. Luckily, I had practiced at home. Everybody liked my cookies, and rightly so.
I finally wrote all my Christmas cards and greetings. It must be a Murphy's Law that the one person you forget to write sends you a long letter. Such was the case today when a long-lost friend in Australia send me a long chain letter e-mail. Chain or not, I was happy to hear from her and quickly wrote her back before I forgot again. She is one of only two people who went through 13 years of school with me. Apparently, we both got the travel bug because I ended up here in the U.S. and she's in Australia.
Today is Christmas Eve and we open our gifts tonight, as is the German custom. Tomorrow, we eat turkey--an international Christmas.
Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

Annette said...

Merry Christmas, Doris.

Anonymous said...

Your speech was great. You seemed relaxed, the pacing was appropriate, the volume was good, the content was interesting, and I learned some new things (like the Christ child, or Christkind, brings presents in Germany, not Santa Claus or Saint Nicholas) . . .

Did those cookies influence me? Naw . . .

:-)

I hope to do as well on my first speech someday (soon).

Yes, Merry Christmas!

Jodi