Saturday, December 20, 2008

Water, water

For years, we've been wondering how long our water heater would last. Now we know...
On Thursday morning, we discovered a puddle of water coming from our water heater. Luckily, we could get a new one installed before I even ate lunch. We shudder to think what would have happened if the heater had died when we were out of town. So, we count our blessings that we were at home when it happened and that not too much water had leaked yet. On top of the water issues of Thursday, it rained buckets yesterday. I guess the drought is over now. In other news, our cat #1 has been very friendly lately. Next week is Christmas. Coincidence?
I have been very busy lately. Between Christmas parties and baking cookies, I'm preparing for my first Toastmaster speech next Monday. My theme is German Christmas traditions. I hope all goes well. Just to be safe, I'm taking German cookies to influence the evaluators...

1 comment:

Annette said...

Good luck on the speech, Doris.

And our first hot water heater died years ago in spectacular fashion. It overheated and blew the pressure valve on top. Think of the fountain at the Point in Pittsburgh, but with steam.

Yes, you were lucky.