Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tribute to a Cat

Yesterday, our sweet cat Roxy lost her battle with her numerous health problems. After she could not go to sleep and cried out in pain, we consulted one last time with our vet and decided with a very heavy heart to relieve Roxy's suffering. As a fairly recent pet owner she is the first pet I ever lost. She leaves a great void in our home.
Roxy was a very passionate cat and lived life to the fullest. She ate, played and ran around with gusto. She was very sociable and I remember a contractor who came by with a proposal lying on the floor and playing with her. Everybody loved her, but I was her favorite and she was mine. She waited for us when we came home and got upset if we were outside. She spent winter evenings on my lap, her favorite place besides the register.
Her weight had decreased for a few years and we noticed that she often vomited. A couple of years ago our vet suggested an ultrasound and we learned that she had kidney problems, inflammatory bowel syndrome, and Pancreas anomalities. She was treated with medication and a special diet, but grew less and less active. She even stopped playing with her favorite feather toy. Last week she suddenly stopped eating and we tried our best to get food in her with no success. She was 11 years and 9 months old. Rest in peace, Roxy.

1 comment:

Annette said...

Doris, I'm way behind on my blog reading and only now saw this post. I'm so sorry. Trust me, losing a pet doesn't get any better the more times you have to deal with it.

Rest in Peace, Roxy.