Thursday, June 24, 2010

Weather Woes

There are three things for certain in life: death, taxes, and weather. And we sure have had some strange weather this year. Back in February, when we (ok, my husband) were digging out from two blizzards we were looking forward to spending the summer in our backyard. But so far, I haven't had much to enjoy. First we had a cool, windy, and rainy May, which prevented me from photographing birds. And then the temperatures shot up to the mid-eighties in no time. So far, it has been such a rainy and muggy early summer that I find myself spending more time in our dark and air-conditioned house than outside. This isn't fair! I have spent enough hours in the house this year. I want to take my home office outside and watch the birds and butterflies while I am editing my writing. Some days I can't even grill dinner for ten minutes because another thunderstorm is rolling through our town. Whatever happened to spring?

No comments: