Saturday, June 05, 2010

Photography Close to Home

Bird photography is a lot like going to an amusement park. You wait and wait, and then the thrill is over in a few seconds. It helps, therefore, when I can photograph an exciting subject in our backyard. Right now, I have my camera ready to shoot at all times because our serviceberry has ripe berries. These berries are irresistible to all sorts of birds and I am ready to shoot when they land in our shrub.
The other day everything came together perfectly, even though I broke a rule. You're not supposed to photograph in mid-day because the lighting tends to be flat. But it was a bright overcast day and I sat waiting in my blind. And then I fired nonstop while the waxwings snatched one berry after another. You may see one of the results of my efforts on my other blog, http://birdswithpersonality.blogspot.com/.

No comments: