Thursday, May 26, 2011

Misadventures of a Shoe Shopper

I was thrilled when a shoe store ordered a pair of shoes for me that actually fit. However, after I wore them once I noticed a black mark on the side of the sole. I contacted the manufacturer before trying a fix that didn't work. They suggested to clean it off with alcohol. Unfortunately, alcohol not only made the black mark bigger but also removed the outer layer of the sole. I had to send the shoes back to the company, which confirmed what I already figured: The black color is the original color of the sole and the shoe color was just painted on. Since this model was the only stylish shoe in the catalog I do not want an exchange but would prefer to get a refund. Will I get it? Doubtful. They'll probably try to send me a granny shoe - in black!
Meanwhile, I am still looking for summer shoes. I am currently awaiting a shipment of a model in different colors. At least the outlet offers free shipping. I am puzzled why my size is only available in ugly styles. There must be others like me - women under 90 - who need shoes but are not employed in the health care or funeral industry. Customers usually complain about a lack of colors. Will the manufacturers ever listen? They could sell a lot more shoes if they offered choices.

No comments: