Wednesday, August 24, 2011

At the Falconry

During my trip to Germany, I wanted to do some sight-seeing. After all, I finally had wheels at my disposal. But the weather threw a wrench in my plans, especially during the first week. It rained at least part of the day, making it hard to plan any trips. The second week, my brother and I ventured to a nearby wild animal park/falconry.
Of course, I didn't take my SLR and the 400mm lens along because it wasn't a birding trip. Therefore, I only took a few photos of stationary birds with my advanced consumer camera . The raptor pictured here is a steppe eagle. There were many raptors at Wildpark Potzberg, including a Stellar's Sea Eagle and a Bald Eagle. The flight show lasted an hour. Located on the tallest hill around, the raptors took advantage of thermals to perform their flights. Raptors weren't the only attractions there. We saw elks, reindeer, pheasants, and cranes, to name a few. It was an enjoyable afternoon and - most importantly - the rain held off until we headed home.

No comments: