Friday, August 12, 2011

I Still Got It

Once I safely arrived in Germany, I faced another challenge: I had a rental car at my disposal. That meant that, for the first time in 16 years, I had to navigate German roads. Not only are German roads much narrover than American roads, there are also parked cars left and right. It was not unusual to count seven cars in close proximity on the same side of the road. Add to that the traffic circles that have popped up around nearly every village and it all makes for interesting driving.
It didn't take me long to get used to it and I enjoyed the freedom that a car afforded me. I was not dependent on public buses anymore and could visit friends in villages off the beaten path. Next time, I will definitely consider a rental car again. Hopefully, the weather will allow me to do more sight-seeing than during my recent cold and rainy visit.

No comments: