Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Musings on a blustery day

A friend of mine invited me to join the German version of facebook. Curiosity won the better of me and I signed on today. Of course, I first checked the pages of the people I knew on her page. My brother's page was particularly fruitful, since I could not only check on our common friends, but also what his kids are up to. No sooner had I filled out my profile, that I was already bombarded with requests from class mates - and some people I didn't even know. You can waste a lot of time on such a site, but I guess it is a great place to find long-lost friends.
On the homefront, we almost ran for the hills last weekend when we heard Christmas music on the radio. We haven't even bought pumpkins yet. Of course, when we saw how much pumpkins cost this year, we went to the farm market next door and spent the money on food.

No comments: