Monday, April 20, 2009

Take me out ...

When it comes to meetings and appointments, my weeks are usually feast or famine. Last week was particularly crammed. I had four meetings (including three in one day), an appointment, and a workshop to attend. Everything was very enjoyable and instructive. This week, however, it's famine again. The only appointment I have on my calendar is taking the cat to the vet for a teeth cleaning and possible teeth pulling. I'll keep you posted on the outcome.
Because the weather was beautiful on Saturday, we went to a Pirates game. Finding a park house was easy, getting out of it after the game less so. The biggest problem I encountered, though, was finding appropriate food for my sensitive stomach. My husband asked me in jest whether I wanted to buy an all-you-can-eat ticket. I replied that I wouldn't be able to eat anything but salad and ice cream. Yep, ballparks don't offer food for health conscious people and I finally settled on a grilled chicken sandwich. Our biggest challenge, however, was trying to avoid getting fried by the sun. Who would have thought that we could get roasted in April? Next time we'll sit under the roof.
Now, how was the game? I confess that, after having been married to a baseball fan for almost twenty years, I still don't have a clue what baseball is about. The reason is, of course, that I come from a country where soccer (Fußball) is king. That explains why I didn't even know which team the Pirates were playing until we bought our tickets. For the first few innings the crowd was strangely quiet until it finally got exciting. And the Pirates won!

1 comment:

Annette said...

The Pirates winning is a rare and wonderful thing.

I've had an April sunburn this year, too.

No need to worry about that today, though.